Client: Sanctuary Housing Group
Project: Fire Upgrade Works, Newton House Sheltered Scheme
In June 2018 FR Fire Protection were appointed by Sanctuary Housing Group commencing a £700,000 passive fire upgrade across Newton House, Chester. The scheme comprised of 39 independent living apartments with access via communal corridors connected to lounges and other recreational areas.
FR Fire Protection completed thorough fire risk assessments prior to commencing on site identifying the full breath of works required including;
- Fire curtain installation within roof voids preventing spread of fire
- Fire stopping above apartment entrance and communal corridor doors
- Fire collars and seals to service penetrations within service cupboard / above ceilings
- Apartment entrance door replacement with Secure by Design 30 minute door set
- Cross corridor / service raiser doors replace to 30 and 60 minute fire rating
Working with Sanctuary Housing we agreed to undertake necessary ancillary works comprising of;
- Modern LED lighting
- New floor covering
Working with the scheme manager and site agents we programmed completion of works across several phases across each part of the building, ensuring 100% satisfaction before commencing new areas.
A dedicated Customer Liaison Officer provided continued reassurance to residents during coffee mornings and daily property visits, supporting all residents throughout work.
Mike Travis, Snr Contracts Manager at Frank Rogers commented:
“Fire risk works, carried out as a single service, or as part of a wider maintenance programme is a huge growth area for us. Operating a safe environment and ensuring a building meets all necessary building regs is essential and we are able to guide and work with our clients, showing them the best way forward to achieve all of their objectives”.