Re-configuration of internal areas to create more classrooms and a new build extension.
Frank Rogers has completed upgrade and re-configuration works and a new build classroom extension to Greenbank College in Liverpool. The specialist school supports disabled people and other dis-advantaged groups from Liverpool through the provision of education, training, employment, sport and recreation services.
The Project ran between July 2018 and February 2019 and was worth more than £300k. Under a challenging 30-week programme, the Frank Rogers team carried out a series of works including the following:
- An existing large textile room was subdivided by the introduction of a link corridor and full internal fittout into two large self-contained work areas
- A previous accounts office where decanted and re-configured by the demolition of division walls and the introduction of structural steel to form one large single classroom
- Extension to the college through the formation of 2 new classrooms in a new build extension with a glass link corridor giving access to the main facilities
- Limited space for storage and restricted access to the site
- Ensuring health and safety of staff and pupils at all times with minimal disturbance to the smooth operation of the college throughout Delivering the project on schedule due to a challenging 30-week programme with the first phase internal re-configuration works undertaken over a 6-week holiday period
- Achieving delivery of the project on time, and eliminating all obstacles through the project to achieve this
- The project was completed on time and within budget owing to close liaison with the client and design team to ensure that all difficulties where addressed and answered in a timely manner
- Zero health and safety issues on site
Dean Rogers, Managing Director of Frank Rogers commented:
“The College were keen to complete a series of works comprising structural refurbishment and new build using a single contractor. As a multi skilled and principle contractor we are able to deliver all works within the necessary timeframe. The project has been completed and all client objectives met.”
Mary Beaumont CEO of Greenbank College said:
“The Frank Rogers team kept us well informed of progress throughout the works. They were highly responsive to any queries that arose and offered quick solutions for any issues we had. The project was completed on time, to budget and to a very high standard. We will have no hesitation in recommending Frank Rogers to any future clients.”