Work has been completed by Frank Rogers at St Francis de Sales Centre in Anfield, creating a new seven-day-a week community facility, a scheme led by the charitable arm of Everton FC, Everton in the Community.
The Project ran between June and November and was worth in excess of £600,000. Under a challenging 20 week programme, the Frank Rogers team carried out a series of works including the following:
- Full redesign of building introducing offices, kitchen, toilets, bar, kitchen, storage, reception area
- Roof renewal
- Repairs to existing collapsed drainage
- Excavation and backfilling including piling to collapsed ground to site carpark
- Renewal of boundary fences
- New external lighting
- Renewal of tarmac surface to site
- Marking up of site for new thermoplastic parking bays, walkways etc
- Window renewal
- Door renewal both internal and external including folding wall
- Renewal of internal joinery including skirts, arcs, cills
- Full new electrical upgrade including data installation
- Full new heating system including air conditioning units
- Building works, constructing dividing walls, breaking through walls to provide access hatch and door openings. Works to comply with Part M ie widening of doorways, ramps etc.
- Renewal of male, female and disabled toilets
- Kitchen renewal/upgrade to stainless steel units/worktops/cookers, hoods
- Installation of new suspended ceiling
- Full internal and external decoration
- New flooring throughout
- Isolated disused site
- Challenging program of works
- Design completion and development to all statutory and client requirement’s in short time frame
- In order to ensure the design was progress timely, design coordination with the Architect and Client was prioritised by Senior Staff, leaving project staff to focus on a quick and productive commencement on site.
- Specialist design coordination undertaken.
- Regular Project meetings with the Client, architect and specialist trades to ensure program elements completed on time
- Dedicated and focused Project and Site Management from start to finish
- Completed on time as planned with the client so that opening of the building was ready for planned activities and events
- Management of significant client variations and design changes though out the very tight construction program
Dean Rogers, Managing Director at Frank Rogers commented:
“It’s always a real coup to be awarded contracts that are quite literally on our doorstep and are set to enhance and utilise local resources. Frank Rogers has retained its offices in Anfield since launching over four decades ago and is committed to helping improve the area.
“Many members of our team live locally, several of whom have been involved in this scheme. It’s incredibly positive for them and the business to be able to help make a change within their own community through work such as this. We recognise the high standards set by the club and the charity and have delivered in line with their expectations and objectives.”